Saturday 23 June 2012

NOTD - Nearly Nude

Supermodel, Peppermint


Yesterday I met with a good friend of mine and went to Cambridge for shopping and Yo!Sushi. The weather was terrible but I still spent ages doing my hair (only to be rained on). But the slightly colder weather meant that I also got to wear my huuuge legwarmers which I adore.
I was going to do a Look Of The Day post but ended up not having enough time and having no one to take the picture for me. We also have the village fare,

I had decided that I needed to buy a total of two things when I was out. A new compact mirror, because my last smashed on my journey to my boyfriend's house, and a nude or muted brown colour nail varnish to match with some pretty pastel tips.

Of course I forgot about this entirely once I was out and bought nothing that I'd decided on beforehand.
But just before leaving for home in the late afternoon, I spotted Bazaar magazine had Leighton Denny nail varnish freebies and snapped one up for about £4. I though that this was rather reasonable considering that the varnish retails for £11; and the colour that I chose was Supermodel. A lovely dull brown that was perfect for what I wanted (it's also far more muted than my photo makes it seem!

So today I painted my nails with Supermodel for the base and Rimmel's Peppermint colour, from my previous NOTD post, for the tips.
I love this look and think that I'll try it again with different colours.

This is the first Leighton Denny nail varnish that I've tried and it's wonderful. I only needed one coat for full coverage on my nails which definitely saves a little time when I have to wait for it to dry completely before painting the tips.

Coloured french tips are almost definitely overdone by now, but I still love them.
What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment